Today, Facebook released Facebook Camera as a standalone app for the iPhone. As shown in Facebook’s announcement, the new Camera app allows both photo sharing and consumption. You can publish multiple photos at once, rather than posting one photo at a time. You can tag friends, add a location and include a description. There are also photo editing tools for cropping, rotating and filters similar to Instagram on any picture in your camera roll.
Facebook has released a mobile app for iPhone to manage Facebook Pages. Facebook Pages Manager helps admins connect with their audience and keep up with activity on multiple Pages, all in one place.
Facebook Pages Manager looks similar to the Facebook iPhone app, but it is focused on managing pages. The app allows users to choose from a list of pages they manage and write post and share photos directly to their pages from it. From the main menu, users can view their lists of pages, view their pages’ Insights analytics and look at the list of page Admins.
Flickr is the most popular online photo management and sharing application on the web. Flickr offers users a number of useful features. You can securely share photos and videos (up to 90 seconds) online and privately show content to friends and family. Users have the option to make their pictures private or public, however around 80% of the pictures on Flickr are public. No fee is required to start loading and sharing pictures. Other features include maps to track where and when photos were taken, tagging and commenting on pictures, and the ability to create postcards and other products. It’s also possible to include your photo album into your blog. [Read more...]
Like Facebook everyone has probably heard of Twitter but may not understand it as well. In this session we will show you how to setup a Twitter account and how to start putting it to good use.
How To Setup Twitter
- Go to Twitter.com
- Click on “Sign Up” button
- Enter your “Full name” First and Last Name or Company Name. This name will appear on your public profile.
- Enter a unique “Username”. This will appear in your public profile URL: http://twitter.com/USERNAME. You want to take care here to optimize this for branding with creative use of capitalization. I would if at all possible avoid using underscores in a Twitter name but if there is no other way to get what you want then you to. I had to do this @kenneth_jackson.
- Enter a Password
- Enter your Email Address
- You now are presented with the option to allow or disallow Twitter users to find you by your email address. If you are doing this for promotional purposes I would leave this box checked.
- Check out the terms of service
- Click on “Create my account” button
- The last option is whether or not you want to receive the information emails from Twitter.
Don’t follow a whole lot of people from the start as you will probably just confuse yourself and quit using it.
To get up and running right a way, find and follow Connections Information Systems and The Team Leaders by using either the “Find People” function in Twitter or just use the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click on “Find People”
- Click on Connections Information Systems or Kenneth Jackson
- Click the follow button
- Pick a couple
- You will now get our messages
To message some one directly simply ad the @ symbol to the front of their twitter name like @connectionsis and a direct message will be sent to your Twitter Friend.
Hash Tags are the mysterious “#” in tweets followed by a few characters. What do they mean? Hash Tags are the Twitter communities way of tying a tweet to an event marking certain keywords searchable to help people find tweets about a specific topic or event.
Google Chrome – Chromed Bird
iPhone and iPad - Official Twitter app for iPhone and iPad
Click Here to Sign Up for Twitter
Click Here to Follow Kenneth Jackson